After School Clubs
Our school currently offers the following extra-curricular provision for pupils:
- Choir - A very popular club for children in Years 2-6 ran by Mrs Fletcher and Miss Kendall. Children who attend this club will work towards the annual Young Voices Concert at the Genting Arena, Birmingham in January 2016.
- Football - A thriving club of over 30 members in recent times. Open to children in Years 3-6 and led by Mr Forbes and Mr Atkins.
- IPad club (KS1) - A fairly new club to our extensive list available to children in Year 1 and 2. The member of staff in charge of this club is Mr Calcroft.
- Multi Sports (KS1) - A club for children who generally enjoy all types of sport. 'The all rounder!' Open to children in Year 1 and 2. Led by Mr Atkins and Mr Calcroft.
- Book club - For children who enjoy reading independently or being read to by an adult. This gives members a chance to change their school library books too. This club is ran by Miss Wilton for children in Years 3 and 4.
- Blogging club - A brand new club for Autumn 2015 led by Mr Hawkins. Year 5/6 children have the opportunity to blog using the school website. Watch this space!
- IPad club (KS2) - This club is the KS2 version of the ICT club in KS1. Again led by Mr Calcroft. Come and have some fun using the iPads and computer technology available in school.
- Netball - We welcome back Mrs Jeffery to this club who will be accompanied by Mr Atkins. KS2 children can come and show their skills with a netball and potentially play for the Castlefort Netball team!
- SRA Booster club - A club for Year 6 children to take place on a Thursday after school. This is a Mathematics booster session preparing the children for their Secondary Ready Assessments in Summer 2016. These lessons are led by Mrs Wilson and Mrs Locke. Children who attend this club every week will receive a free trip to Drayton Manor Theme Park next Summer.
- Multi Sports (KS2) - A club for children in Years 3-5, led by Mr Atkins and Mr Calcroft. This club will be games led and is for children who enjoy PE and Sport.
- Cookery (KS1) - (Autumn Half Term 1) Miss Wolfe and Miss Platt invite children to come and show off their cooking skills and learn some basic recipes. Are you the next Jamie Oliver? (50p per session for ingredients).
- Tag Rugby (KS2) - A new sport to Castlefort JMI School, introduced last academic year. Ran by Mr Atkins and Mr Calcroft available to children in Years 3-6. Are you inspired by the Rugby World Cup 2015 hosted by England? Come and join in on the fun!
Clubs ran at other points throughout the year:
- Kwik Cricket
- Art and Craft
- Indoor Games