Children in Year 6 will be required to complete the following homework each week:
- Home reading - We would like the children to read at least 4 times each week at home and record entries into their individual reading records.
- Spellings - The children will be set a new spelling list every Wednesday to learn ready for their test the following week. We would like the children to practise their spellings in their spelling books and to complete 15 weekly games on Spelling Shed.
- TT Rock Stars - The class will be set 15 Garage games on TT Rock Stars each week to be completed by the following Friday.
- Doodle Maths - We would also like our children to complete their weekly Doodle Maths by achieving their target stars (approx. 40 stars).
- Maths and English paper homework - Finally, as we continue to play 'catch-up' with the loss of learning time due to Covid-19, we will provide a paper-based maths and English task for children to complete. These will be differentiated to the children's abilities in these subjects. Homework must be returned by a Friday morning each week.